Fun fact: the top three bestsellers this week are also the top three bestsellers of 2021 so far, halfway in!
Elsewhere on the list, we’re excited to see a debut from the paperback version of Tokyo Ueno Station by Yu Miri. Miri and English translator Morgan Giles won the 2020 National Book Award for translated fiction, and it was Giles’s first translation! It really is a wonderful, beguiling little book.
1. Meg Heriford, Ladybird,Collected
3. Robin Wall Kimmerer, Braiding Sweetgrass:Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants
5. Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Mexican Gothic
6. Michelle Zauner, Crying in H Mart
7. Devon A Mihesuah, Hatak Witches
8. Sharice Davids, Sharice’s Big Voice
9. Brandon Taylor, Filthy Animals
10. Yu Miri, Tokyo Ueno Station