Lawrence Public Schools leaders will host several community forums this month to discuss school safety.
“Topics include preparedness, district police partnership, communication, security personnel, student/staff relationships, mental/behavioral health, facilities, technology, and district and community collaboration,” according to a district flyer about the meetings.
Several sessions are planned at different locations, but they will all have the same agenda, district spokesperson Julie Boyle said. The different locations are for the convenience of those in attendance.
Meetings are set for 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, Aug. 9 – Langston Hughes Elementary
- Thursday, Aug. 11 – Lawrence High School
- Tuesday, Aug. 16 – Prairie Park Elementary
- Thursday, Aug. 18 – Southwest Middle School
- Tuesday, Aug. 23 – Free State High School
- Thursday, Aug. 25 – Liberty Memorial Central Middle School