September, a time of changing seasons. Summer to fall. Baseball to football. No school to school. Most importantly to us, September is the official beginning of Fall Books Season.
In anticipation of holiday sales, publishers tend to save blockbuster books for September and later so they’re fresh on the shelves for the big holiday retail season. Today’s bestseller list reflects that, featuring huge new books from William Kent Krueger, Tamsyn Muir, Stephen King, Maggie O’Farrell, Randall Munroe, and local favorite Megan Bannen.
Just like last year, the supply chain is all gummed up, which means your best chance to snag these big Fall books is early in the season. Come see us for help navigating another huge autumn for books!
1. William Kent Krueger, Fox Creek
2. Tamsyn Muir, Nona the Ninth
3. Stephen King, Fairy Tale
5. Megan Bannen, The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy
7. Maggie O’Farrell, The Marriage Portrait
8. Louise Erdrich, The Sentence
9. Craig Johnson, Hell and Back: A Longmire Mystery
10. Jennette McCurdy, I’m Glad My Mom Died