If this week’s bestseller list has a theme, it’s “new books from fiction royalty.” It’s a who’s who of brand new stuff from hall-of-famers like George Saunders, Barbara Kingsolver, a paperback of Louise Erdrich’s magnificent latest, and the decades-in-the-making return of the legend Cormac McCarthy.
It must mean one thing: Big Fall Book Season is in full swing.
Being Lawrence, of course, our wonderful customers made space for local favorites, too, with Sara Paretsky and an easy No. 1 from Kansas cookbook star Erin McDowell. Plenty of stock of all of these favorites awaits you at the Raven!
1. Erin Jeanne McDowell, Savory Baking: Recipes for Breakfast, Dinner, and Everything in Between
2. Cormac McCarthy, The Passenger
3. Colleen Hoover, It Starts with Us
4. Barbara Kingsolver, Demon Copperhead
5. Sara Paretsky, Overboard
6. Sangu Mandanna, Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches
7. George Saunders, Liberation Day
8. Jon Meacham, And There Was Light
9. John Irving, The Last Chairlift
10. Louise Erdrich, The Sentence