First responders with Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical put out a small fire that caused a “significant amount of smoke” in the basement of the Douglas County Judicial and Law Enforcement Center Tuesday night.
Lourdes Perez Rojo said her children didn’t ask Santa for any toys for Christmas. Instead, the partial owner of Cielito Lindo said her kids asked for only one thing: their favorite restaurant back.
About five months after a destructive fire, a North Lawrence shoe repair shop will temporarily move into a building just outside of downtown in East Lawrence.
A person was taken to the emergency room to be evaluated after a basement fire Wednesday morning in Lawrence.
Four people have been displaced after an overnight fire at a home near Eighth and Illinois streets in Lawrence.
Cielito Lindo, a popular Mexican and Latin American restaurant in downtown Lawrence, was destroyed by a fire Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
In the Baldwin Woods Forest Preserve south of Lawrence, stately oaks and hickories rise 50 to 100 feet into the air. But far below their canopy, something worries scientists.
It was extremely fortunate timing when Mia Morrow, sous chef at Saltwell Farm Kitchen, started locking up the restaurant right before the dryer burst into flames.
A fire has caused significant damage at Saltwell Farm, a small restaurant and farm in Overbrook.
Bruce and Kris Barlow woke up in a panic early Monday, forced to face the reality that their beloved family business was beyond saving. But as they cope with the tragedy, they’re feeling the community’s love.
Get our newsletters
Never miss a story. Sign up for our emails.