All children ages 1-18 in the community can receive free meal kits both through the summer and the 2021-2022 academic year through Lawrence Public Schools, thanks to resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The district’s food service will also provide free meals to enrolled participants in summer programs for the school district, Boys and Girls Club, or Lawrence Parks and Recreation.
Here’s how to order a child’s weekly meal kits:
- Click here to fill out a form once sign-up begins on Tuesday, June 1.
- Place your order by noon on Tuesday of the first week you want to start picking up meal kits. You only need to place your order once to receive weekly meal kits.
- List all of the children who need meal kits on one order form.
- Pick up your kits, which include seven breakfasts and seven lunches, each week beginning Friday, June 11 at the location and time you select on the order form.
- Use the same order form to make any changes or cancel your weekly order.
Here’s where you can pick up meal kits:
- Woodlawn Elementary, 8 to 9 a.m.
- Kennedy Elementary, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Free State High School, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Sunflower Elementary, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Note: Anyone can be designated to pick up meal kits. Parents and children do not have to be present.
To find out where to get free meals each day, including between today and when meal kits become available, visit the Times’ Free Meals page.