Article updated at 2:03 p.m. Tuesday, June 21:
The city is hitting pause on its Lawrence Listens — SeeClickFix reporting platform for about nine months.
The pause is so the city can “revamp and improve the system to better serve our community,” according to a news release.
The city will also be unable to receive new work orders through the SeeClickFix app, so residents will need to send requests directly to the appropriate department.
The city says the pause will not affect two surveys that are currently online — which include one asking whether people want to see changes to the structure of the city government and one seeking input on an updated East Lawrence Neighborhood Plan — or the online survey platform itself.
In the meantime, here’s a list of city departments and how to contact them:
- Parks & Recreation: firstname.lastname@example.org; 785-832-3450
- Municipal Services & Operations: email@example.com; 785-832-7800
- Planning & Development Services: firstname.lastname@example.org; 785-832-7700
- Code Compliance: CodeEnforcement@lawrenceks.org; 785-832-3345
- Police Department (non-emergency): 785-832-7509
- Solid Waste: MSO-SolidWasteDivision@lawrenceks.org; 785-832-3032
“During the City’s first two years with the app, both staff and residents have identified areas for improvement for the program,” according to the news release. “The app will be paused to allow the City and SeeClickFix teams adequate time to implement new systems that will help achieve the desired improvements and better meet resident needs and expectations.”
Note: This article has been corrected from a previous version, and the lead image has been swapped out to avoid confusion.
If our journalism matters to you, please help us keep doing this work.
Support The Lawrence Times