Advertisement

Employee taken to hospital after fire at dentist’s office in Lawrence

Share this post or save for later

An employee of a Lawrence dentist’s office was evaluated for smoke inhalation and taken to a local hospital for further evaluation following a fire Tuesday.

Advertisement

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical was dispatched to the fire at 10:08 a.m. Tuesday at the Lawrence Dental Center, 647 Country Club Terrace, according to a news release from LDCFM.

Firefighters saw light smoke from outside the building when they arrived. They quickly located and extinguished a fire in the ceiling of the basement, according to the release.

“Construction had been performed before the fire, and an employee attempted to extinguish the fire with several fire extinguishers,” according to the release.

Firefighters were still investigating the fire as of noon Tuesday, and damage estimates were not yet available.

If our local journalism matters to you, please help us keep doing this work.

Support The Lawrence Times

Don’t miss a beat … Click here to sign up for our email newsletters

Latest Lawrence news:

MORE …

Previous Article

Organization leading fight against abortion amendment tops $6.5 million in donations

Next Article

Symposium invites landlords to discover benefits of affordable housing partnerships