Well, this is the first bestsellers list featuring data from our new location, and while some things have changed (our A/C works! We’re so much busier!), Lawrence’s interest in all things local has not.
Making their debuts this week are not one but two locally published, neighborhood-focused nonfiction projects, covering East Lawrence and Old West Lawrence.
1. Louise Penny, The Madness of Crowds
2. Meg Heriford, Ladybird, Collected
3. Honoree Fanonne Jeffers, The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
4. Frank Herbert, Dune
6. Krista Barbour & Charles Higginson, Sheltering In Place: Collected Stories from Old West Lawrence
7. Ottessa Moshfegh, My Year of Rest and Relaxation
8. Robin Wall Kimmerer, Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants
9. Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg, More than Just a Neighborhood: East Lawrence, KS
10. Sharice Davids, Sharice’s Big Voice