Post updated at 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 30:
The Jayhawks are set to face the Golden Eagles of Tennessee Tech Friday evening, and the city wants to help folks get to the game.
Lawrence Transit will provide rides for $1 per passenger from downtown Lawrence to Memorial Stadium on Friday. The city asks that people bring exact fare as drivers don’t make change.
Parking in the lower level of the Riverfront parking garage and the Vermont Street garage will be free for weekend game days during KU football season, according to the city.
Bus service will run two hours prior to kickoff (this week, kickoff is at 7 p.m.) and for one hour after the game, “or when no additional post-game passengers are present,” according to a news release from the city. Look for Route No. 11, Downtown/Football Service.
The route will only have three stops:
• In front of Riverfront parking garage (roughly Sixth and New Hampshire streets);
• On the west side of Vermont Street north of Eighth Street (in front of the Senior Resource Center); and
• At Memorial Stadium (1101 Mississippi St.)
As a reminder to fans coming into town from the east, Kansas Highway 10 is under heavy construction. So is East 23rd Street heading into Lawrence. Taking Interstate 70 to the North Lawrence exit and parking in a downtown garage could save you some stress.
More home football games for the Jayhawks this season (times still TBA):
• Saturday, Sept. 24, vs. Duke
• Saturday, Oct. 1, vs. Iowa State (Homecoming game)
• Saturday, Oct. 8, vs. TCU
• Saturday, Nov. 5, vs. Oklahoma State
• Saturday, Nov. 19, vs. Texas
More helpful links:
• See KU football’s full schedule here, and check out the roster here.
• See a full map of downtown parking at this link.
• Check out more events in Lawrence on our calendar.
• Find a game day guide for visitors from Explore Lawrence here.
• Watch the game on ESPN+ here.
• Listen to the game broadcast here.
• View live stats during the game here.
• Find more info on Lawrence Transit here or call 785-864-4644.
Note: This post was updated to correct the date of the first game of the season.