Note from the Times: This bestseller list comes to us straight from The Raven Book Store in Lawrence. See other editions of the list here.
Hi Raven fans! We’re hot off a really big weekend featuring a record-breaking Small Business Saturday. Thank you for your support!
This week’s bestsellers feature a lineup of books that’ll most likely represent the Big Books of the Season for us. Good news: we have healthy stock of all of them! We even have signed copies of #1, #3, #6, and #10! Can’t guarantee how long that’ll last, though, so don’t wait to come down and get books for everyone on your list!
1. Amanda Sellet, Belittled Women
2. Michelle Obama, Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times
3. Erin Jeanne McDowell, Savory Baking: Recipes for Breakfast, Dinner, and Everything in Between
4. Stanley Lombardo & Co., Tales of Dionysus: The Dionysiaca of Nonnus of Panopolis
5. Sherry Kay, Benjamin Sikes, & Caleb Morse, New Guide to Kansas Mushrooms
6. Megan Bannen, The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy
7. Barbara Kingsolver, Demon Copperhead
8. Deb Perelman, Smitten Kitchen Keepers: NewClassics for Your Forever Files: A Cookbook
9. Steve Martin, Number One Is Walking: My Life in the Movies and Other Diversions
10. Danny Caine, How to Resist Amazon and Why
Don’t miss a beat … Click here to sign up for our email newsletters
Latest Lawrence news:
Positive Bright Start leader retires after nearly two decades leading the early childhood center
Learn new skills and make new connections this weekend at Lawrence library’s How-To Festival
River Rat Print and Skate employees form union, finalize first contract
Person shot, killed in Lawrence was Topeka man, 20, police say
Advocate hopes Kansas governor grants clemency in murder of rapist, but holds back optimism
Dave Ranney says few people disagree with his assertion that Gov. Laura Kelly should grant clemency to Sarah Gonzales-McLinn, who slit her rapist’s throat in 2014. But when he hears opposition, he asks, “Why don’t you tell me what you think was going on in that house?”