Note from the Times: This bestseller list comes to us straight from The Raven Book Store in Lawrence. See other editions of the list here.
In this very special edition of the Raven’s bestsellers, we’re proud to present the Raven’s bestsellers of 2022!
Running away with this year’s title is our friend Erin McDowell, whose brand-new cookbook Savory Baking is a certified smash (that we still have signed copies of!).
Elsewhere on the list, 9 out of our top 10 are written by women, and 8 of the top 10 are written by people with Kansas roots!
Thank you for all of your support this year — for these books, for the Raven and its booksellers, and for small businesses in Lawrence! Happy holidays and we’ll see you with another bestseller list in early January!
1. Erin Jeanne McDowell, Savory Baking: Recipes for Breakfast, Dinner, and Everything in Between
2. Danny Caine, How to Resist Amazon and Why
3. Jennifer Raff, Origin: A Genetic History of the Americas
4. Meg Heriford, Ladybird, Collected
5. Chloé Cooper Jones, Easy Beauty
6. Angeline Boulley, Firekeeper’s Daughter
7. Sherry Kay, Benjamin Sikes, & Caleb Morse, New Guide to Kansas Mushrooms
8. Robin Wall Kimmerer, Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants
9. Amanda Sellet, Belittled Women
10. Sarah Henning, The King Will Kill You